The Pupil Premium is additional to main school funding. It is provided to address the current underlying inequalities between children eligible for Free School Meals (FSM) and those pupils who are not. It is designed to ensure that funding can reach the pupils who need it most. We are committed to ensuring that every pupil in our school can attain their highest achievement. Since 2012, the Pupil Premium has increased. The reason for this increase is the allocation of FSM to pupils who have been eligible for FSM during any of the last six years (FSM Ever 6).
In 2019 – 2020 Pupil Premium allocation funding was focused in the following areas:
- Specialist intervention and support
- Careers, Education, Information and Guidance
- Literacy and Numeracy across school
- Attendance and pupil engagement
- Specialist safeguarding support
- Character development and enrichment