Timings of Our School Day
School begins at 8.40am with a form period starting at 8.45am. This means that students should be arriving as usual at school by 8.30am, ready for a prompt 8.40am start. If students arrive after the 8.40am bell, this means they will receive a late mark. We operate a split lunch where different year groups have their lunch at different times. This reduces congestion and make the lunch sessions more accessible for students in different year groups.
We warmly welcome all learners and prepare them for a positive day…
- School doors open at 8am.
- Students enter through ‘Be Ready Zone’ where they are welcomed by staff and uniform checks are made.
- Students can purchase food and drink from the Dining room. We offer a free Bagel Breakfast from 8am for all students.
- We operate a cashless system using Parentpay for purchasing refreshments.
- During the two lunch sessions, some classes will be still in session so we will restrict students to certain areas of the school â€“ the two dining areas, the lecture theatre and the outside areas at the rear of the school are available to students.
|8:00 - 8:40||School open to students|
|8:45 - 9:10||Enrichment time or Assembly|
|9:10 - 10:10||Period 1|
|10:10 - 11:10||Period 2|
|11:10 - 11:30||Break (Bell rings at 11:25 to signal movement to lessons)|
|11:30 - 12:30||Period 3|
|12:30 - 1:00||Year 7, 8 & 9 lunch|
|12:30 - 1:30||Year 10 & 11 Period 4|
|1:00 - 2:00||Year 7, 8 & 9 Period 4|
|1:30 - 2:00||Year 10 & 11 lunch|
|2:00 - 3:00||Period 5|
|3:00 - 4:00||Enrichment time|